Many, many thanks to the Gust family at Nicks their support and continued participation in things Pacifica is greatly appreciated. Ive had glowing reports from many of the restaurants and eagerness to sign up for next year.
Chamber sponsors Flu Shot Clinics
On to my role as the flu shot lady. Simon says it takes 10 to 14 days for the vaccine to become effective. The vaccine provides protection from the viruses expected to be the most dangerous and widespread in the upcoming flu season. Three of the viruses are A-Nanchang, A-Johanessburg and B-Harbin (there will be a quiz). Pneumovax will also be available. It protects you against 23 types of pneumonia and from my experience, is well worth it.
And all of you fellows out there who say that you never get sick: admit it, youre scared of needles. This isnt the Army. The nurses are Painless Parkers, so be brave. Ill even hold your hand.
This is the fifth year that the Pacifica Chamber of Commerce has sponsored the flu clinics for the Visiting Nurse Association. This year the clinics will be held at the following locations, times and dates:
1. First National Bank, 1450 Linda Mar Shopping Center, Fridays, 3 to 5:30 p.m. (Oct. 3, 17 and Nov. 7)
2. Food Town, 200 Eureka Square, Saturdays, 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. (Oct. 4, 25 and Nov. 8)
3. Safeway, 1015 Terra Nova Blvd., Park Mall, Wednesdays, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. (Oct. 1 and 15)
4. Safeway, 12 Plaza Drive, Pacific Manor Shopping Center, Monday, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., (Oct. 27)
5. Chamber of Commerce, 225 Rockaway Beach Avenue, Suite 1, Saturdays, 1 to 3 p.m., (Oct. 11, Nov. 1) and Friday, Nov. 14.
A flu vaccination costs $10 (for one flu season). Pneumovax costs $20 (for six years). Bring your Medicare cards and health care plan cards with you. You may be covered.
Lets keep healthy this winter. We cant blame the flu season on El Nio.
The Pacifica Chamber of Commerce membership drive, led by Mary Brown, will be from Oct. 1 through Oct. 8. We are asking everyone to join us. We have much going for us: A Taste of Pacifica, the Leadership School, the consensus building efforts of the Sustainable Development Committee, the expansion of our visitor center to include the GGNRA, the flu shot clinics, and more. Make a difference and show your commitment to your community. Do the right thing and help us to tap our potential. Please join us. Call the chamber at 355-4122 for details.